BioFoodTech offers a suite of services tailored to the needs of our clients. We work closely with companies at every stage of operations - from small-scale entrepreneurs taking the first steps towards product commercialization, to established companies that require specialized, technical assistance and verification, to support their food and bioscience products.
We offer a range of services in the following areas:
- Product Development
- Food Safety
- Regulatory and Labelling
- Scaling Up & Commercial Manufacturing
- Accredited Microbiology Analysis
BIO|FOOD|TECH is a leader in innovation. Our staff have technical knowledge and experience to help you develop and improve your products and processing systems, starting at the bench scale.
Examples of services:
- formulations and bench scale prototypes
- ingredient & process rationalizations
- shelf-life assessment
- sensory analysis
- quality testing
- supplier samples & contacts
Today’s market is highly demanding when it comes to food safety and accountability. Make sure you have insurance in place by understanding product risks and controls. Our trained staff will guide you through documentation you need, and how to manufacture under safe food systems.
Our food safety services include, but are not limited to:
- risk analysis
- hazard analysis & HACCP development
- staff training on procedures
- in-plant troubleshooting
Regulatory and Labelling
Regulations are frequently changing and differ depending on products and markets. Learn where your products fit and what you need in order to satisfy government requirements.
Some of our services include:
- access to licensed* facilities
- assistance to gain own license
- label reviews
- Can & US nutrition analysis, including print ready labels
- Scope of Accreditation
*CFIA Seafood, PEI Environmental Health, PEI Fisheries, PEI & CRA spirits/wine/beer.
Scale up and Commercialization
Our lab and pilot plant facilities, along with our specialized equipment, will help you to optimize your processing and move to full-scale commercial manufacturing. We also have licenses that allow you to manufacture for test market sales.
Support services examples:
- access to wide range of food processing and specialized bioprocessing View our full list
- process design
- scale up trials
- package evaluation
- equipment rentals (off-site)
- commercial manufacturing and incubation space (kitchen & pilot plant scale)
Accredited Microbiology Analysis
BIO| FOOD |TECH’s Lab Services provides accredited analysis to support companies’ food quality and safety systems. We offer dozens of certified lab tests, along with other services to enhance food safety in our client’s products and processing systems.
BIO| FOOD |TECH is registered under ISO 9001-2015 and accredited by the Standards Council of Canada. See the SCC Scope of accreditation here.
To submit samples to the lab, complete our Sample Submission form HERE.
- Lab samples are received: Mon-Fri 8:00 am - 4:00 pm AST
- Vibrio samples: Mon-Fri 8:30 – 12 noon
For new clients, please complete the Lab Services Client Info sheet and email to firstname.lastname@example.org (or bring with samples).
Any questions, contact email@example.com